The terms and conditions govern the way we do business and what you can expect from BETAFRIEND LIMITED (T/A Playabet) herein referred to as ‘we/our/us/service/Playabet’ and duly licenced by the Betting Control and Licencing Board (BCLB) under licence number 0000124.
- The Law prohibits betting by persons under age of 18 and we may at any time ask you to confirm your age. Underage clients will have their accounts closed immediately and any balances forfeited. We may also suspend ANY account for any reason and ask you to come with ID to one of our offices or agents to prove age, and identity. Individuals suspecting underage gambling are encouraged to report this to us immediately on our customer service number +254 703065555 (Safaricom) or via email to email@example.com
- Your Kenyan mobile phone number (+254) is your Customer identity. We use mobile phone numbers to uniquely identify customers and their account details. The Customer has sole responsibility to ensure that their security details remain confidential. Any transactions that have been placed by a user who is securely logged into the Customers account will be the Customers responsibility. If transactions are made via your phone by someone who is not the registered user, the registered user will remain liable for their transactions. We cannot do account transactions for accounts which are not identical to the phone number. This means that you cannot ask to be paid out on a different number other than the number you have placed a bet with and you cannot send money to us and request that this is placed in a different account.
- Bets cannot be cancelled or changed once the bet has been recorded within our betting platform.
- PlayaBet accepts bets made online, Mobi or SMS which for clarity includes the use of iphone, Android applications and early generation GSM phones. Bets are not accepted in any other form (telephone, email, fax, in person, etc.) and any bets received in these forms will be null and void.
- PlayaBet cannot be held responsible for any delay or non-delivery of SMS communications through the Mobile Operator Networks.
- PlayaBet reserves the right to refuse/cancel any bet or part of a bet before the game starts without providing any justification. PlayaBet also reserves the right to refuse/cancel any bet or part of a bet that is placed while a game is in progress if there is sufficient evidence that the Customer was placing a bet with prior knowledge of an event that would affect the accurate pricing of a market – for example, betting on the first-to-score market while the first goal is being scored
- PlayaBet reserves the right to void any or all bets that have been made by any person or group of persons who are acting in an attempt to defraud us. If there is any evidence of a series of bets, each containing the same selection having been placed by or for the same individual or syndicate of individuals, PlayaBet reserves the right to make such bets void and suspend relevant accounts. This rule applies to both settled and unsettled bets.
- PlayaBet reserves the right to void any bet that may have been accepted when the account did not have sufficient funds to cover the bet. If an account has insufficient funds as a result of a deposit that has been cancelled for whateverreason,PlayaBet reserves the right to cancel any bet that may have been accepted retroactively, and void any winnings paid to the Customer from those bets.
- Should funds be credited to a Customers account in error, it is the Customers responsibility to notify PlayaBet of the error without delay. Any winnings subsequent to the error shall be deemed invalid and returned to PlayaBet. PlayaBet has the right to revert the transaction.
- PlayaBet reserves the right to suspend or close Customers accounts and void all settled and unsettled bets in the event that a Customer opens more than one account.
- Bets will only be accepted up to the advertised start time. Any bet that is inadvertently accepted, which includes an event after its start time, the bet will be cancelled. If any portion of a multiple bet is inadvertently accepted then all parts of that multiple bet will be cancelled.
- Multiple bets that combine different selections within the same event are not accepted where the outcome of one affects or is affected by the other. If such a bet is taken in error, the bet will be cancelled.
- PlayaBet does not accept responsibility for damages or losses deemed or alleged to have resulted from or been caused by the website or its content including without limitation, delays or interruptions in operation or transmission, lossor corruption of data, communication or line failure, any persons misuse of the site or its content, or any errors or omissions in content.
- The minimum amount for a bet varies dependant on products. Some for as low as Ksh 10 and otherwise stated on the website.
- All winnings shall be subject to deduction of tax( “WitholdingTax”) as per the Income Tax Act under section 35 (1) (i) and (3) (h). The withholding tax percentage to be decusted is 20% as per the tax rate prescribed by the Government of Kenya. This will be deducted from the total Payout (Stake + Winnings) Example; if you stake Ksh 100 and win ksh 150, then the 20% will be deducted from the 250(Stake + Winnings) amounting to Ksh 50 in withholding tax which will be remitted by the Company to KRA.
- PlayaBet reserves the right to change odds and information displayed on the website at any time and without notice. PlayaBet will take reasonable care to ensure accuracy of this information but information is presented as a guide only. Prices displayed on the website are indicative only and are not binding until a bet has been confirmed by us. In the event of any particular information (score, time of game etc) being incorrect we assume no liability for this. Please refer to our betting rules for information on how we settle individual markets.
- The website will at all time show records of recent bets placed, results and account activity. We recommend that the Player keep independent records of all of the transaction information, games rules, cancellation rules, and payment methods in order to avoid any future misunderstandings
- The Customer will be able to play immediately after any deposit transaction has been confirmed.
- When an event is cancelled, all bets referring will be cancelled automatically and the related accounts will be refunded.
- All Customer offers are limited to one per person, family, household address, email address, telephone number and shared computer, e.g. public library or workplace. We reserve the right to withdraw the availability of any offer or all offers to any Customer or group of Customers.
- In case of a bonus manipulation or abuse of any kind, PlayaBet reserves the right to deduct the bonus and the winning associated to the bonus from the Customers account.
- PlayaBet considers these rules to be fair. Should you need any advice regarding these rules, please contact Customer Services.
- Any customer who wishes to make a formal complaint about our services should first contact our Customer Services department using the contact us form on the website or in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org We will respond as quickly as possible and in all cases we strive to ensure that all customers are responded to within 48 hours. Our response will include the name of the person who will be handling your complaint and a full record of the correspondence will be tracked, including our operator login credentials who has provided any response to you. If you do not believe our resolution to your complaint to be fair and transparent then you are free to request for the complaint to be escalated to a member of our Senior Management team who will personally review your complaint and make a final decision.
- Copyright in the information displayed on this website is the property of Satellite Information Services Limited ("SIS") and/or its licensors. This information is intended for personal use only and may not be displayed in public, broadcast or used for any commercial purpose without the express written consent of SIS. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information is accurate, SIS accepts no responsibility for any use made of the information provided on this website and excludes all liability in respect of any loss suffered by any person arising directly or indirectly from use of the information.
- The Customers winnings shall be subject to the governing regulations in the Republic of Kenya and this shall include but not be limited to applicable taxes and levies.
- Any changes to these Terms and Conditions will be displayed on your next login to this website prior to these changes taking effect
- All bonus offers can be redeemed only once per offer unless it was clearly stated otherwise.
- Each bonus offer will have its own terms and conditions” and Customers should ensure that the terms and conditions associated with each individual bonus offer are read and understood prior to accepting the bonus.
- Promotions are subject to change. All management decisions are final.
- In the event of an error when attributing a bonus to a Customer account, the company reserves the right to correct such errors by removing any funds that were put into a Customers account erroneously and by voiding any bets that were placed by these funds.
- Minimum withdrawal is Kshs. 100
- PlayaBet, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to refuse payment of any withdrawal following a Withdrawal Request
- Withdrawals will be processed to your Mobile Money Service Provider and actual receipt of funds is determined by the service provider.
- Free bets or promotional awards of any kind cannot be withdrawn.
- In the event you choose to withdraw funds from your account and have not carried out any financial activity, or if the financial activity on your account equates to a sum of less than 50% of the amount deposited by you, then PlayaBet reserves the right to charge a processing fee of 5% of the requested withdrawal amount with a minimum charge of Mzn. 50
- "Financial activity" is defined by the placing of bets anywhere on this website
- We realise that for some Customers gambling might become a serious problem and for such Customers we offer a self-exclusion option for a period from six months up to permanent exclusion, as per a Customers request.
- If you wish to self-exclude, please either contact Customer Services specifying the period you wish to be self-excluded for
- If you choose to contact Customer Services, kindly note that only upon a clear self-exclusion request will your account be suspended for the agreed time. Otherwise all accounts will be closed and can be reopened at any time upon a Customers request. Please read through our Responsible Gaming guide for more information.
5. Account Closure
- We reserve the right to close any customer account and refuse to take bets from any customer. In the event of account closure, the full value of any customer funds will be returned as soon as practical.
- If a customer makes threat of violence against any staff member, their betting account will be closed and the matter referred to the police.
- Accounts that have not been accessed or have not had a valid betting transaction for a period of 12 months will deemed to be dormant. Dormant accounts will be closed and any funds available on such accounts will be held in a dedicated Company account.
- We may, in our sole and absolute discretion, decide to suspend betting on a jackpot game at any time. We also reserve the right to void a jackpot in its entirety or any Leg(s) or Bet(s):
- to correct any obvious errors
- to maintain integrity and fairness in the Jackpot games
- if there has been a change to the format or events within a game
- or if it believes any Bet has been placed in contravention of these Terms of Play or of the rules of a sports governing body or other relevant professional body.
- To participate in the jackpot games, the player needs to purchase tickets. Players can purchase tickets by depositing money onto their Playabet accounts from which the ticket price will be deducted, after making selections and placing the jackpot bet.
Once the Jackpot selection has been recorded in the Betting platform, the Jackpot selection cannot be cancelled or amended.
In order to qualify for the Jackpot, Players need to correctly predict the outcome of the designated matches for the Daily, Midweek and/or the weekend jackpot.
The Results of all matches are based on standard 90 minute betting / outcome. Overtime, Golden Goals, penalty shot outs are not included.
The entry cost of a jackpot ticket will be stated on the jackpot itself.
In specific games we may give Players the option to place Bets at a fraction of the full unit cost predetermined for the jackpot. For example, if the full unit cost in a game is KES 99, we may enable Players to place Bets for a fraction of this full KES 99 unit cost. Fractional Bets like this will give the Player a corresponding entitlement to any dividends payable at the point of game settlement.
We reserve the right to reverse the settlement of a game if it has been settled in error (for example, a human or technical error). If we resettle a game, this may lead to amendments being made to Players’ Account balances to reflect changes in game settlement.
Jackpot winners agree to their photographs, images and names to be used in Company promotional material.
- Playabet reserves the right to pay any jackpot by means of bank transfer or cheque.
The Jackpot winnings are gross of tax. Meaning all Jackpot winnings will be subject to tax and the winners will have to pay all tax deductions attached to the winnings.
- Notwithstanding anything else in these terms, once a game has been settled for 72 hours, its settlement will be considered full and final.
- Playabet accepts no responsibility for typing, transmission and/or evaluation errors. Playabet also accepts no liability for incorrectness or incompleteness or inaccuracy of the information provided via the site, including (without limitation) any clock counting down to the beginning of the next passage of play in a game, any live scores and results.
- Playabet does not accept any responsibility whatsoever in relation to Players seeking to cooperate with each other to improve their chances of winning any prizes or making any cash-outs. Players enter into any such arrangements entirely at their own risk.15. In the event of a game being cancelled/postponed, for the purpose of having a positive result to the jackpot, the outcome of the fixture will be managed in the following manner:
- In the event of a game being cancelled/postponed, for the purpose of having a positive result to the jackpot, the outcome of the fixture will be managed in the following manner:
- If a game has been cancelled or postponed there is always a 24 hours wait until the match will be set as void
- If a match is abandoned or postponed from its scheduled date/time but is then rescheduled to take place no later than the advertised kick-off time of the last match on the list, then provided the match is played to completion at the rearranged time, all selections will stand.
- In all cases of postponements, cancellations, suspensions of matches, the local date and time of the event is taken into account (local time). The official kick off of every match is the last officially publicized time by Playabet. Therefore, any subsequent time publicized, supersedes any previous and is henceforth considered the new official kick off time of the match.
- If one fixture is considered postponed or cancelled, the result will be deemed to be the same result as the result of the first match which is published in the jackpot list that returns a valid result.
- If a second fixture is considered postponed or cancelled, the result will be deemed to be the same result as the result of the second match which is published in the jackpot list that returns a valid result. (This will be game two, except in the event of one of the first 2 games being cancelled, in which case it will be game three)
- If a third fixture is considered postponed or cancelled, the result will be deemed to be the same result as the result of the third match which is published in the jackpot list that returns a valid result (this will be game 3 in the event of none of the first three matches being cancelled)
- In the event of four or more matches not being played within 24 hours of their scheduled kick off time, the complete Jackpot will be deemed void and all stakes refunded to player accounts.
7. Marketing Communications
- From time to time, we will be communicating with our clients through voice calls and sending our clients promotional and informational messages. We will also be sending promotional messages to potential clients who visit or interact with our products. These products include but are not limited to website, app, ussd, advertisements, paybill number and sms short code. To opt out of any message from PlayaBet, please dial *456*9*5# for Safaricom users.